We’ve been so busy getting the The Gifts of Spiritual Memoir together, it occurs to me I didn’t personally invite you. So, check out the short, short video and FAQs below.
FAQs about this workshop…
- Do I have to be a writer?
No. Many of the folks who’ve attended the live version of my spiritual memoir class and our first Gifts of Spiritual Memoir have not done any creative writing before.
- But what if I am an experienced writer?
Chances are you will find a fresh perspective for your writing of spiritual memoir.
- Is it only Joan who will be teaching the class?
Yes! Joan, and only Joan, will be teaching the class.
- What if I can’t attend every session?
You can listen to the recording posted on the course site. Joan’s presentation, meditation and writing prompt will be recorded, (not the intimate breakout groups).
- Is there homework?
There is an opening exercise to do prior to Lesson 2, and you are encouraged to work on your short, short stories in between lessons.
- What if I need some assistance?
There is a support contact you can email, and you will receive Zoom instructions.
- How do I set up a space conducive to taking an online class?
There is a page of tips for a successful online experience awaiting you on the course site.
- Are there any requirements for my participation in the workshop?
This workshop is for you if you would like to:
- See your life as a spiritual journey.
- Immerse yourself in the art and heart of YOUR story.
- Find the silver linings in old wounds and grieved losses.
- Meditate and engage in exercises of imagination.
- Follow the thread of grace that interweaves your past, present and future.
- Be with me on retreat, without waiting until social distancing is over.
- Find (and offer) support in the company of like hearted others.
- Laugh, cry, love, reflect, celebrate and heal in a Vision Quest for our times.
The Gifts of Spiritual Memoir begins Wed, April 21, 1 pm ET
and meets every week through May 26.
I am so looking forward to taking this journey with you!